by Ian Dean
"Intel 80186 (compatible with code written for Intel 8088/8086/80188/80186
and NEC V20). Currently XTCE requires at least a 75Mhz processor to emulate
an 8Mhz XT.
IBM PC harware emulation:
- Keyboard emulation (83 keys)
- Programmable Interrupt Controller (PIC) emulation
- DOS timer emulation
- 360Kb, 720Kb, 1.2Mb, 1.44Mb, 2.88Mb Floppy disk emulation
- 4Mb-71Mb INT13 Hard disk emulation
- Compatible with all versions of MS-DOS (up to v6.22)
- Compatible with all versions of Caldera OpenDOS (up to v7.02)
- Compatible with several non-DOS operating systems
Expanded memory - Allows use of H/PC memory as "expanded" memory.
- 256Kb - 736Kb (adjustable) base memory
- Allows up to 678Kb of RAM for DOS programs (with MS-DOS 6.22).
- Allows up to 724Kb of RAM for DOS programs (with Caldera OpenDOS 7.02)
- 0Kb - 256Kb (adjustable) Upper Memory Block (UMB) memory (used to free memory used by DOS TSR's and device drivers).
- Virtual memory (only HPC RAM that is used is allocated - as little as 200Kb of HPC RAM is needed to load the emulator and boot DOS)
IBM CGA emulation
HP Palmtop INT5F emulation - 640x200 2 Colour Graphics Mode
- 40x25 Colour or Grayscale text (depending on H/PC screen)
- 80x25 Colour or Grayscale text (depending on H/PC screen)
- 320x200 4 Colour or Grayscale Graphics Mode (depending on H/PC screen)
- 640x200 2 Colour Graphics Mode (2) (compressed on H/PC screens < 640 pixels wide)
Purchase or Try XT-CE
XT-CE v2.02 for WinCE [Homepage] ($40)
. IBM-PC Emulators Index . Emulators Index . Front Page .
© 1997/1998 Archaic Ruins